VII. Painting/Drawing/Illustration/Comic Art
• Amateur artists (children, young people, adults)
• “Trainee artists” (e.g. including students, apprentices, etc.) and professional artists
2.a. Artistic genres
• Comic Art
• Mixed media
Each participant must indicate which artistic genre his work is to compete in.
2.b. The following may be submitted (in digital form)
• Single pictures, diptychs, triptychs
• Series, picture stories, comics
• Poster designs, collages
• Children can take part in the contest with 1 (one) work
• Young people with at least 2 (two) works, also with a picture story if desired
• Entries are to be submitted to the competition as .jpg files
• For prize winners to participate in exhibitions, high-resolution image files are required which allow
print-outs in 300 dpi quality of at least 40cm x 60cm
The topics outlined below are intended as a stimulus to engage the participant with the main idea of the contest, according to which the concept of “violence” encompasses both mental and physical violence.
Participants can select as many topics as they wish.
VII.1. Confidence, closeness
VII.2. Safety, security
Negative aspects with a positive solution
VII.7. Anger, feelings of hate
VII.11. Excluding a newcomer
VII.12. All against one
VII.13. Violence in cartoons for children
VII.14. Free topic
Participants can submit work which addresses the main idea of violence prevention in a different way to those described above.
5. Conditions of participation
• Participants must upload their submissions to the digital database
• A brief description of the topic of the works and the intention behind the selected topic and its
realisation are to be given
• Texts in German and English
• Participants must send a completed and signed entry form as an attachment to the e-mail address
provided, participation is not possible without registration
• The organisers’ decision is final. There is no recourse to legal action.
Closing date for entries: 15 July 2014
We recommend uploading works to the database at least four days before the closing date and mailing the written entry form (PDF) in good time.